DAO Governance Committee
Equitable & decentralized governance
EYEQ DAO Governance Committee is a governance body, which consists of EYEQ DAO collective members, investors, strategic partners, and advisors. Once the committee is formed members can be added or removed only by a committee vote. The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- 1.Govern EYEQ DAO in the best interests of the community, investors, EYEQ token holders, and affiliated ecosystem projects
- 2.Grow the EYEQ DAO portfolio of Web 3.0 projects, services and products
- 3.Ensure to support education, inclusion and adoption of Web 3.0 technologies
Committee voting is a governance tool that allows the EYEQ Committee to operate. Only proposals where the support and quorum exceed the minimal thresholds shall be enacted and registered on the blockchain.
- Members - Each governance committee member shall hold 1 governance token (GT), allowing them to cast a vote.
- Threshold - 51%. Support is the relative percentage of tokens that are required to vote “Yes” for a proposal to be approved. In our case, more than 51% of the tokens used to vote on a proposal must vote “Yes” for it to pass.
- Quorum - 40%. Quorum is the relative percentage of tokens used to vote. In case of EYEQ DAO > 40% of minted Governance tokens should participate in any proposal voting. Eg. if there are 10 Committee Members then 5 of them should participate in the voting to make the proposal enactable.
- Voting duration - 7 days (afforded to all committee members). Voting duration is the time between the proposal creation and results finalization.
- 1 Governance Token (GT) per member
Committee members can propose to modify any of the parameters by submitting a proposal for a vote.
Operating parameters of the Governance Committee can only be modified by a committee vote.